This training session aims to improve delegate knowledge in order to reduce the costs & time taken up with mould calls & visits. The training empowers you with the skills needed to report on the unhealthy and damaging conditions that lead to mould and damp in housing. During the session we’ll follow a practical pathway that forms a foundation for helping others control mould.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Build on your existing understanding of why damp matters
- Gain awareness into the effect of damp on tenants, landlords and the building
- Have basic knowledge to describe types of damp and rot
- Anticipate what you will see, where you will see it and why it may be there
- Recognise the equipment used for recording damp environments and understand common mistakes made when reporting defects. Learn how equipment can be used to explain the concept of mould
- Understand the effects and consequences of your comments and actions during your visit
- Have a glossary of relevant describing words, and understand what they mean in context
Who should attend?
This session is relevant for anyone making a visit to a mouldy home, taking a call about mould, or handling a complaint. It is especially relevant to housing and asset officers, operational managers, sheltered housing staff, income officers, repairs operatives, clerk of works, compliance managers, surveyors and resident liaison officers.
Ticket cost and timings
The session is £55 + VAT, with lunch and refreshments included. It will be held in Ebbsfleet, Kent on Monday 23 September.
Please note – we’re running two sessions on the 23rd – one in the AM (09.30-12.30) and one in the PM (13.30-16.30). We’ll hold a networking lunch in between for all delegates.
Please register below for your preferred session.