About the day…
We’ve recently witnessed a surge in the number of disrepair claims brought against social landlords. These claims often involve defending Environmental Protection Act (EPA) prosecutions in the Magistrates Court, and with new Fitness for Human Habitation legislation on the horizon, the current influx is likely to turn into a flood of claims.
To help you future-proof your organisation, and prepare for the changes ahead, we’ve teamed up with Capsticks LLP to deliver this interactive one-day training course. Jonathan Hulley, Partner in Capstick’s Housing Management team, will talk you though legislation and current issues including:
- Responding to disrepair pre action protocol correspondence – tips, traps and best practice
- Handling EPA prosecutions – process, dos and dont’s
- Instructing the right surveyor – getting it right the first time
- Tackling disrepair in the county court – all you need to know
- Disrepair legislation and case law update – a look over the horizon
The session will also give you the opportunity to get involved in discussions about topical issues, to put questions to Capstick’s expert disrepair team, and to network with your peers.
Who should attend?
This masterclass will be of particular interest to surveyors, maintenance managers and asset management staff.
Ticket cost and timings
Price per delagate is £105 + VAT and training will last all day with lunch included.