Last year SEC decided to support our sector with 3 high level annual research projects. In October members Voted and these are the strategic issues most commonly foreseen in the sector for the coming years and sit at the top table for requirements in asset management advice.
Members voted for the following in October 2020 an the 3 topics are;
- Climate Change Solutions – How do we move to a zero carbon position? How do we reorganise our priorities to treat this like a compliancy issue, not a political or cultural one?
- Maintaining Building Safety – How do we be more demanding? How do we legislatively enforce quality through our appointment of reputable organisations?
- “BIM for Asset Management?” – How can we break away from “the norm” and utilise technology and the “new normal” to drive efficiency through technology and remote management of maintenance.
Our Climate workgroup will be led by Chair Jason Longhurst. Jason is currently Chair & CEO of UK Business Council for Sustainable Development and has extensive experience in both sustainability and Public Sector. The session will be facilitated by SEC Head of Business Partnerships David Smith. Our additional sector stakeholders are;
- Steve Tucker, MD, Sutton Housing
- Johnathan Higgs, Chief Exec, Raven Housing
- Julie Wilkins MCIEH CEnvH, Property Services Manager, Wealden DC
- Colin Lissenden, Development Director, Town & Country Housing
- Diana Locke, Head Of Energy & Environment, Optivo
- Manoj David, Finance Director, MOAT Homes
- Robert Gibbs, Asset Manager, Radcliffe HA
- Richard McWilliams, Director of Sustainability, Turner Townsend
- Lizzy Westmacott, Associate Director, ECD Architects
- Andy Merrin, Head of Energy & Innovation, ENGIE
Our Building Safety workgroup will be led by Chair Paul Nash MSc PPCIOB. Paul has over 38 years of experience within the property and construction sector, Past President of the Chartered Institute of Building [CIOB] and currently a Member of the Industry Safety Steering Group chaired by Dame Judith Hackitt. The session will be facilitated by SEC Head of Operations David Ashby. Our additional sector stakeholders are;
- Heather Langridge, Director of Asset Compliance, Optivo
- David Hodgson, Director of Asset, Southwark Council
- Sarah Stevenson-Jones, Resident Safety Director, Enfield Council
- Neil Diddams, Director of Property, West Kent Housing
- Theresa Mohammed, Partner, Trowers & Hamlins
- Simon Davies, Director of Growth and Strategy, Kier Specialist Services
- Richard Harral, Technical Director, CABE
- Andrew Little, Equity Partner, Baily Garner LLP
- Dr Shu-Ling Lu, Associate Professor of Construction and Project Management, University of Reading
Our BIM workgroup will be led by Chair Bola Abisogun OBE FRICS . Bola is an eminent Professional Quantity Surveyor and Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and a BIM Champion focused on new ways of working. The session will be facilitated by SEC Managing Director Marc Baines. Our additional sector stakeholders are;
- Vicky Ayre, Document Manager, Be First
- Ali Imam, Head of Strategy & Asset, Origin
- Dritan Uka, Director of Asset Management, Optivo
- Femi Olaiya, BIM Lead, Portsmouth Council
- Shane Carroll, Senior Development Delivery Manager, Westminster City Council
- Rob Ireland, Partner, Bailey Garner
- Matthew Samways, MD, AIMIS
- Varun Soni, Head of BIM, Calford Seaden LLP
- Patrick King, Head of BIM Technologies, ECD
Thank you in advance to all of these participants, for their commitment to shape the sectors future.
Inside Housing Survey
The workgroups will look to develop solutions for the sectors future and to do that Inside Housing are supporting us with gathering the current sectors view on these big issues.
You can participate by clicking here.