Introducing our Next Generation Leaders.
SEC have partnered with Solace to provide an ILM Certificated course for Next Generation Leaders within the Housing Sector. As part of our commitment to the sector and our £250,000 investment in people through our Prospects initiative, we have designed this course for colleagues within our Membership.
Over the next three days we’ll be introducing you to our second Cohort of Next Generation Leaders. The 12 delegates are all passionate about developing their career in Housing. They’ve been nominated by their organisation as they recognise their ambition and dedication to the sector.
The profiles below introduce our next four delegates – Sally, Nicola, Sharon & Ola.
I am in charge of managing service delivery for all maintenance and compliance of our property portfolio from a strategic level managing 2 staff.
I enjoy spending time with family and friends. I have a passion for music and am a social being.
My job title is ‘Capital Programme Delivery Manager’. I have a role in the procurement of and subsequent responsibility to ensure the successful delivery of Housing capital programmes. At present that includes
• Thurrock’s ‘Transforming Homes’ programme which delivers major internal and external refurbishment works to individual dwellings and blocks
• Tower block refurbishment programme which is due to provide EWI, window renewal and associated works to 9 high rise blocks
• Non-traditional property refurbishment project to 76 occupied houses
• Thurrock’s first ground source heat pump installation which will provide more economical and efficient heating to properties in 3 of the boroughs high rise blocks
I play netball regularly and also coach the junior section of the same club which I have done for the last 7 years. I have a lovely dog, a cavapoo named Pippa, who is great company and I really enjoy taking walks with her. I find this the best way to de-stress. I also like to read, which I often do to unwind at the end of the day, although I often struggle to get through a chapter without falling asleep nowadays!
• Leading the Asset Management Service to programme capital investment works over 3, 5 and 30 year programmes
• Leading the energy team and implementing strategy and programmes for reducing carbon emissions and embodied carbon within the stock
• Leading the new build development team to support from design stage to handover
• Leading policy and strategy for the asset management team
• Managing a team of data experts, policy experts, new build experts and energy experts
• Developing preconstruction resident engagement and leaseholder engagement
• Budget reporting for capital investment for 20,000 properties
• Supporting in procurement of woks packages for capital investment, energy reduction and retrofit and compliance and building safety elements
• Leading on implementation for Asset Management Systems and data management
Areas of expertise include preparation of asset management investment plans, contract management, procurement and project management. I’m experienced in managing building contracts, and working with various stakeholders - residents, government agencies, consultants and contractors.
● Contract Delivery Manager (LB of Hackney - 2016 - present) - manage the delivery of capital major works programme both external and internal refurbishment projects.
● Project Manager (Rands Associates/Contracting - 2012 - 2016) - Planning and managing the delivery of building works.
● Contract Delivery Manager (Places for People - 2010 - 2012) - managing the delivery of asset investment programmes both capital and revenue projects.
● Planning and Performance Manager (Octavia Housing - 2007 - 2010) - Advise on procurement and contracts strategies, including leading tender process for the appointment of consultants and contractors.
● Stock Condition Investment Analyst (Citywest Homes - 2004 - 2007) - Lead on stock condition data and preparation of asset management investment programme.
My role as Contract Delivery Manager is to lead the capital major work team on the delivery of the council’s Housing Asset Investment Programme value up to £ 50m, ensuring that contractors operate and perform in accordance with contract conditions and ensuring that projects are managed in accordance with the principles of the Housing Asset Management Strategy. As part of the manager in the property and asset management team, I play a leading part in ensuring that Hackney Council meets all of its statutory, contractual and regulatory requirements.
Energetic and dedicated professional who enjoys challenges and is innovative and resourceful, always looking for a new idea that will improve upon the current state of affairs. I believe in empowering staff, promoting positive change, committed to the continuous drive to improve service delivery.
I enjoy motoring sport (Formula One) for analysing complex data in order to draw clear and simple conclusion and also working well as part of a team.