External works includes:
- Cleaning down and repairing UPVC windows,
- Painting the fascia’s and soffits.
- Painting the rendering and doors. Some doors are UPVC and some are painted, mixture of both
- Works to high and medium rise blocks
- Pre paint repairs to fascia’s, soffits, doors, gates and timber windows
- Once scaffolding is erect, comprehensive pre paint repair surveyor is carried out which is approved by the client prior to decorations carried out.
Internal works includes:
- Full redecoration to all the communal areas using class O FR coatings, in corridors, staircases, bin stores.
- Doors also cleaned down and prepped for painting works.
Added Value / Innovation:
Bell Group demonstrated value for money to the client through innovation on paint specification, the paint which was specified guaranteed quality and longevity for 5 years minimum. Along with innovative access solutions, overcoming issues, saving on costs and reducing work duration. Along with demonstrating strength in resources and flexibility to complete works within timeframe.
Bell Group also liaised with the residents, letters were sent out to all residents 2 weeks prior to works starting and again just before works start giving 24 hours’ notice. Residents then book appointment with Supervisors to gain access to carry out works.
A full survey of the external of the buildings were carried out, this would help ISHA identify exactly which works did and didn’t need doing. This would ultimately save the client costs, preventing pricing to carry out works which were not required.
Locally employed workforce, this saves on carbon footprint, taking less time for operatives to travel to site. Further, all our paint empties were fully recycled for environmental benefit.
Bell Group’s Community Engagement Coordinator – Rosanna, has been in communication with ISHA in regards to painting Shoreditch Court’s garden walls out of a gesture of good will. This is booked in for the summer time.
Cost savings on paint specification and cost savings on comprehensive surveys carried out by Bell Group.