Iveagh Court Refurbishment for Silva
Client: Silva Homes
Supplier: United Living
Following a competitive tender and interview process, United Living was appointed by Silva Homes to undertake major structural, refurbishment and improvement works to Iveagh Court, in Bracknell.
Iveagh Court comprises two interconnected residential blocks with 114 flats and maisonettes arranged over 4 storeys, with under croft parking beneath.
The scope of works was established to alleviate problems with damp, structural defects, poor pedestrian access arrangements and to improve the general condition of the blocks and properties.
Undertaking the works whilst the blocks remained in occupation was particularly difficult with regards to the demolition and replacement of existing access staircases. To maintain access, United Living devised a temporary gantry solution, accessed via temporary steps. Once in place, and following a short period of disruption (advised in advance) the platform bridged over the existing stair landings allowing existing steps to be demolished and new construction beneath.
They allocated a full time RLO who was based on site from the earliest stage. A void property provided by the Client was used by United Living’s RLO to meet residents & also for them to view works proposals, programme, finishes, and colour choice and design options. Extensive Resident Consultation Events prior to works commencing.
Social Value on this project included, Redecoration of Local Community Centre, Various Fun Days and raffles for residents, Client & Local Community. United Living Donation of the Cycle Store.
- Building new main entrance atrium and lift enclosure Lift was removed from contract
- New access stairs/ramps to each block entrance
- New bin storage areas & Cycle Store
- Demolition of existing refuse store, chute & storage
- Steel & glass balustrades to replace balcony brickwork
- New aluminium flashings, rainwater goods and connections
- Replacement wall ties to cavity brickwork
- EWI & Soffit insulation
- Replacement aluminium windows & balcony doors
- Overcoating main roof
- New drainage system
- Re-covering balconies
- Communal lighting upgrade
- Communal redecorations
- Kitchen & bathroom replacement – Complete refurbishment of all 114 flats, back to blockwork inc removal of ceilings.
- Conversion of Laundry Area to Flat 115. Remodelling of flat to encompass old rent office
- Fire stopping to party walls, risers and communal areas
- New electric heater units
- Electrical test & upgrade
- New flat entrance doors
- New access control
- New IRS systems